Faulconer Construction Company
Full Job Description
Faulconer Construction Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, offering our employees engaging and rewarding careers in the heavy civil construction industry. We believe that our company’s success and reputation are dependent on the commitment and dedication of our employees.
We improve communities by inspiring people to achieve their maximum potential.
Values: Legacy, Integrity, Team & Excellence
The Superintendent position will manage and control field operations on assigned projects, including site safety, planning, productivity, schedule, quality control, subcontractor and supplier coordination. The Superintendent will maintain customer relations, promote our Company values and work in conjunction with the project team.
- Insure processes are followed
- Schedule, order materials, equipment care, production, plan the job, understand and manage man hours daily, daily huddle and plan, documentation, look aheads, internal coordination, contract knowledge, logistics
- Internal team leadership and coordination
- Life balance, develop employees, job site presence, daily huddles, communicate the vision and plan, time management, employee well-being and morale, build the team
- External Team Coordination
- Logistics, customer coordination and care, owner and GC relationships, sub coordination
- Technical skills
- Develop and maintain basic knowledge of construction and stay current on new means and methods
Summary of tasks:
- Ensure safe work practices are adhered to by all FCC employees and Subcontractors.
- Participation in all project planning meetings including Kick-off, Project Progress, Exit Strategy, and Post Project Review Meetings
- Create and communicate with Foreman, the short-interval look-ahead project schedules that meet the milestones of the master CPM schedule.
- Ensuring that Daily Huddles are conducted regularly by Foreman.
- Communicate material, equipment and labor needs to the project manager.
- Maintaining daily paperwork such as timecards, field reports, schedule updates and E-mail correspondence
- Ensure accurate reporting of production.
- Managing self-performed activities to ensure that work is being performed within the established project budget, production, and schedule.
- Understand Contract Scope of Work and identify changes.
- Proactively identify and resolve problems through RFI process.
- Coordination w/ the client’s on-site representative/s
- Compliance w/ quality standards
- Directing and managing the workloads of supporting staff to include training and mentoring.
- Scheduling all inspections and ensuring that the quality aspects of the physical work are fully documented
- Managing the punch list and project closeout process to assure timely completion
- Ensure projects comply with local, state and Federal Standards as well as current plans and specifications.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Familiarity with construction processes
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies (Heavyjob, Viewpoint, Procore, iAuditor, etc.)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks quickly and accurately
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail oriented and organized
Faulconer Team Attributes:
Positive, team oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faulconer Construction Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Faulconer Construction. In addition to a competitive wage and benefit package, we also offer professional development through our Faulconer Academy.
Job Type: Full-time