Faulconer Construction Company
Full Job Description
Faulconer Construction Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, offering our employees engaging and rewarding careers in the heavy civil construction industry. We believe that our company’s success and reputation are dependent on the commitment and dedication of our employees.
We improve communities by inspiring people to achieve their maximum potential.
Values: Legacy, Integrity, Team & Excellence
Summary of Duties:
The Project Engineer reports directly to the Project Manager and Assistant Project Manager and aids the entire Project Team. The Project Engineer is responsible for the job duties listed below. The Project Engineer shall conduct business in a professional manner, strive for team excellence, and emphasize Faulconer’s Core Values at all times.
Essential Functions: The Project Engineer’s duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Contact, communicate & coordinate with Subcontractors
- Create subcontracts with a detailed scope of work and schedule of values
- Project Purchase Order development, tracking, entry and change management in Viewpoint
- Assist with material take off and buyout
- Write purchase orders to project vendors with accurate material quantities, prices, and associated cost codes
- Code project invoices
- Add Cost Codes into Viewpoint / Heavy Job as needed
- Assist in resource (Manpower/Equip.) planning and crew development on projects
- Upload latest plans and specifications into Procore as requested by Project Management
- Primavera 6 Scheduling Assistance – data entry, development and updating
- Review subcontractor pay application for accuracy and obtain all necessary backup documentation from subcontractor for payments to be released in a timely fashion.
- Assist with the creation and distribution of submittals in a timely fashion
- Work with field superintendent to develop and distribute RFIs as needed throughout the course of a project
- Assist field staff with Procore and Heavy job training
- Review crew time cards on weekly basis and provide project team with cost analysis based on actual field productions
- Coordinate and set up reservations as requested (hotel, meetings, etc.)
- Assist with creation of miss utility tickets and ensure field staff have necessary information
- Asist in overall project cost tracking and learning how to complete Cost to Completes on a project specific basis
- Time management and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Technical capacity
- Microsoft Suite
- Ability to learn and use project management software quickly
- Procore, Heavy Job, P-6, Viewpoint
- Ability to read plans and specifications
- Familiarity with reviewing contracts
- Interpersonal skills
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years working in a construction environment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Familiarity with construction processes
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies (Heavy Job, Viewpoint, Procore)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks quickly and accurately
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail oriented and organized
Faulconer Team Attributes:
Positive, team oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faulconer Construction Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Faulconer Construction. In addition to a competitive wage and benefit package, we also offer professional development through our Faulconer Academy.
Job Type: Full-time