Faulconer Construction Company
Full Job Description
Faulconer Construction Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, offering our employees engaging and rewarding careers in the heavy civil construction industry. We believe that our company’s success and reputation are dependent on the commitment and dedication of our employees.
We improve communities by inspiring people to achieve their maximum potential.
Values: Legacy, Integrity, Team & Excellence
A concrete foreman supervises the work of concrete laborers responsible for preparing, placing, finishing, and curing concrete. They prepare work schedules for concrete laborers, estimate the amount of labor and materials required for concrete construction projects (typically, curb/sidewalk), and consult blueprints and drawings to ensure accuracy.
- Overseeing all activities pertaining to concrete preparation, placement, installation, finishing and curing.
- Dividing concrete construction projects into different stages and evaluating how much labor and materials are required for each stage.
- Resolving all problems that may affect project quality and completion.
- Consulting blueprints, drawings, and plans to ensure that concrete structures are accurately placed and installed.
- Delegating tasks to concrete laborers and providing overall guidance.
- Maintaining accurate records of the number of hours worked and the number of materials used for each project.
- Ensuring that formwork and shoring are erected, supported, and dismantled based on engineering designs and drawings.
- Inspecting concrete after the formwork and shoring has been removed and instructing concrete laborers on how to correct defects and concrete roughness.
- Proven experience working as a Concrete Foreman
- The ability to interpret blueprints, drawings and plans.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Faulconer Team Attributes:
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faulconer Construction Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Faulconer Construction. In addition to a competitive wage and benefit package, we also offer professional development through our Faulconer Academy.
Job Type: Full-time